Care Instructions - Jute Rugs & Runners
We highly recommend placing an underlay under your rug for several reasons, read on below for our complete care instructions for Jute Rugs and Runners.
Jute rugs are known for their natural beauty and durability, but proper care is essential to maintain their appearance and longevity. Here are some care instructions, to help you keep your jute rug looking its best:
1. Regular Vacuuming: Vacuum your jute rug regularly to remove loose dirt and dust. Use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment, and be gentle to avoid damaging the fibers.
2. Rotate Your Rug: To ensure even wear, rotate your jute rug every few months, especially in high-traffic areas. This will help prevent excessive wear and fading in one area.
3. Blot Spills Immediately: If a liquid spill occurs, blot it gently with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel. Avoid rubbing, as this can push the stain deeper into the fibers.
4. Avoid Direct Sunlight: Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can cause the natural fibers in your jute rug to fade. If possible, place your rug in an area with indirect sunlight or use curtains or blinds to protect it.
Using an Underlay or Non-Slip Underlay:
1. Non-Slip Underlay: To prevent your jute rug from slipping or bunching up, use a non-slip underlay or rug pad underneath it. This will also provide additional cushioning, protect your flooring underneath and extend the life of your rug.
2. Underlay Selection: When choosing an underlay, opt for one specifically designed for use with jute or natural fiber rugs. These underlays are less likely to cause damage to the jute fibers and provide the best grip.
Clean up pet accidents immediately. Remove solids with paper towel and blot up urine quickly. Mix white vinegar and water in equal parts, using a clean cloth gently dab area clean. Cover the area in baking soda to help draw out the moisture and eliminate odour.
Storing Your Jute Rug:
1. If you need to store your jute rug, roll it up with the pile side (the side you walk on) facing outward.
2. Avoid folding your jute rug, as this can lead to creases and permanent damage.
3. Store the rolled rug in a dry, cool place to prevent moisture build up, which can promote mold and mildew growth.**
By following these care instructions and using an appropriate underlay or non-slip underlay, you can enjoy the beauty and durability of your jute rug for years to come. Remember that jute is a natural fiber and may have slight variations in color and texture, which add to its unique character.